Premier League Round-Up: Vardy treble downs disappointing City

Jamie Vardy ended his goal drought in style on Saturday, scoring a hat-trick as he helped Leicester earn a 4-2 win over Manchester City.

The Foxes were 2-0 up after just five minutes, with Vardy scoring his first in the third minute, before Andy King’s wonderful strike  doubled the lead just two minutes later.

Vardy scored again to make it 3-0 at the break, and he completed his hat-trick in the 78th minute.

Pep Guardiola’s side did get on the scoresheet, with Aleksandar Kolarov and Noltio both scoring consolation goals in the final ten minutes.

Watford continued their impressive form by beating Everton 3-2. Stefano Okaka’s brace and Sebastian Prodl’s header were book-ended by a Romelu Lukaku double.

Arsenal came back from a goal down to beat Stoke City 3-1. Stoke took the lead via a Charlie Adam penalty, before Theo Walcott, Mesut Ozil and Alex Iwobi all scored for the hosts.

Struggling duo Hull City and Crystal Palace played out an entertaining 3-3 draw.

Robert Snodgrass gave Hull the lead in the 27th minute after controversially winning a penalty, for which he later apologised, before Palace scored a penalty of their own seven minutes into the second-half, with Christian Benteke the man to dispatch the spot kick.

Wilfried Zaha then gave the visitors the lead, only for Adama Diomande and Jake Livermore’s to restore Hul’s advantage, but former Hull striker Fraizer Campbell rescued a point for Palace in the dying minutes.

Three second-half goals gave Bob Bradley’s Swansea City a vital win over fellow strugglers Sunderland.

A Gylfi Sigurdsson penalty, followed by a Fernando Llorente double, gave Swansea the points and lifted them above their opponents and move up to 18th in the table.

A stunning Jeff Hendrick volley was the pick of the goals as Burnley beat Bornemouth 3-2 at Turf Moor. Hendrick opened the scoring for the hosts in the 13th minute, before teammate Stephen Ward doubled the lead three minutes later.

Benik Afobe pulled one back before half-time, but George Boyd restored Burnley’s two-goal lead, ensuring that Charlie Daniels’ injury-time goal was only a mere consolation.

Liverpool’s poor recent record against West Ham continued as they drew 2-2 at Anfield. Adam Lallana gave the hosts the lead in the 4th minute, before Dimitri Payet and Michail Antonio turned the game on its head before half-time.

Divock Origi pounced upon a Darren Randolph error to equalise for the Reds in the 48th minute, but neither side could find a winner.

Diego Costa’s 76th minute strike was enough for Chelsea to see off West Bromwich Albion. Costa’s goal ensured that Chelsea returned to the top of the table, after Arsenal had knocked them off the top a day earlier.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan scored his first Premier League goal as Manchester United beat Tottenham 1-0. The Armenian’s goal ensured that United ended a run of three consecutive draws in the Premier League.

Southampton moved into the top half of the table thanks to their 1-0 win over Middlesbrough. Sofiane Boufal’s first goal for the club was the difference between the two sides.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s